- EU Action plan on Human Rights and Democracy (2015-2019)
- DARE points reflecting the state of citizenship education in Europe at the End of European Year of Citizenship 2013
Documenting the experiences of a 2 years lasting European Learning Partnership the participating organizations compiled their experiences from the level of educational practice.Continue reading “Demanding Fundamental Rights: Law Related Education in Adult Learning”
Let us be more ambitious!
DARE networks board proposes to critically investigate the European Commissions proposal on “Rethinking Education: investing in skills for better socio-economic outcomes” which was published in November 2012 by the European Commission [COM(2012) 669 final].
Continue reading “Opinion on EC communication “Re-Thinking Education” – Aug 2013″
A new issue of the DARE BLUE LINES has been released. Titled “Innovative Approaches to Overcome Discrimination of Vulnerable Groups”, the brochure documents presentations, inputs and discussions from the 2013 DARE Spring Academy.Continue reading “Innovative Approaches to Overcome Discrimination of Vulnerable Groups”
The DARE network welcomes the consultation initiative launched by the Office of the United Nations High Commissioner for Human Rights on the third phase of the World Programme for Human Rights Education.
- Communication to the new program design for 2014-2020
Report of the International conference in Budapest, November 11, 2010
More than 100 international practitioners, researchers and policy makers from the local, national and EU level came together to discuss international studies surveys like the International Civic and Citizenship Education Study (ICCS), trends in education policies in Europe, and European policy responses in active citizenship education.Continue reading “A Europe of Active Citizens: Assessment, Policy Responses and Recommendations on Active Citizenship Education”
This European conference provided a forum for more than 170 stakeholders in field of Human Rights Education and Education for Democratic Citizenship (HRE/EDC), among them practitioners in formal and non-formal education, NGO activists, educational experts, political scientists and policy makers from various levels ranging from city councils to the European Parliament and the Council of Europe.Continue reading “Tackling Poverty and Social Exlusion by means of Education for Democratic Citizenship and Human Rights”
- Outcome of the DARE Focus Meeting “Citizenship Reloaded: The Demand for Active Citizenship in Europe and its Implications for Education for Democratic Citizenship and Human Rights Education (EDC/HRE)”
- Vilnius/Lithuania, July 1-3, 2010
- Stakeholders from 16 European countries assessed how Qualification frames as the EQF/NQF´s are compatible to the work of EDC/HRE in adult learning.